Lesley Joy RitchieMA, LMHC
To make an appointment call: 425-408-3270
1501 N 200th Street Suite 105, Shoreline, WA 98133
My understanding of relational healing in the counseling context has been informed by 10 years of professional experience, my education, my own experiences of attachment trauma, my faith/ spiritual formation, as well as my own journey as a bio and foster parent. My approach is centered on the understanding that what is broken in relationship is healed in relationship. I respect and deeply value the personal beliefs of each of my clients and am committed to addressing each person’s journey of emotional/mental healing and spiritual growth without judgment. My theoretical orientation is an integrative approach that includes solution-focused trauma therapy that builds interpersonal attunement and connectedness.
M.A., Counseling Psychology, The Seattle School of Theology & Psychology, 2013
B.A., Philosophy and minor in Religion, Central Washington University, 2002
- Trauma and Filial Play Therapy (PATCH model, see www.nwtraumcounseling.org)
- Family-systems therapy and Art therapy under qualified supervision
- Early adolescents and family therapy at Center for Human Services, 2012-13
- Support groups, trauma/adoption, Identity and self-esteem, spiritual mentoring
- College ministry, mentoring women, small groups, at University of Oregon 2003-05
- Teen mom mentor
- Licensed Foster parent
- Specialized training/coursework: Group Therapy, Marriage and Family Therapy, Counseling Children and Adolescents, Advocacy for Victims of Domestic Violence.
Personal Interests: I love being in the outdoors, walking and hiking along trails with my pug, Sampson, my husband and my two sons. I enjoy reading and writing and discovering cozy coffee shops around the Seattle area. I am a life-long learner and I love getting to know new people and seeing the world in a new way.
First Choice/Kaiser PPO
United/Providence (but not Medicaid WAHLOP plans yet)