Matthew GoodwinMA, LMHCA
To make an appointment, please reach out via email
“The process of transforming pain is, literally, a day-by-day project—sometimes minute by minute, sometimes even breath by breath—accomplished by tolerating it, picturing it, describing it, sharing it, exploring it, dreaming it, and learning to swim in it.” – Jeff Eaton
I specialize in a depth-oriented approach where the goal is to create a space and place for you to know yourself more deeply. This discovery process can include touching pain, beholding beauty, and widening your imagination for hope in the context of your story.
As a psychotherapist I believe my job is to accompany you on the life-long process of self-discovery. To stand with you on the shore, see what washes up, and hold each moment with openness and curiosity.
Whether this is your first time considering psychotherapy or you are looking for a new therapist, I know the process can hold many feelings. You deserve someone and someplace where you feel safe and comfortable to engage this work. I am currently accepting new patients, so feel free to reach out to me for more information or to schedule a session.
Insurances Accepted: Premera
Education & Qualifications
- Master’s in Counseling Psychology from The Seattle School of Theology & Psychology
- Clinical Internship at Westminster Community Clinic in Bellevue, WA
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor Associate in Washington State
- License #: MC60946267
- BA in Philosophy from Seattle Pacific University
- Center For Object Relations
- Northwest Alliance for Psychoanalytic Study
- American Counseling Association