Tsion KidaneMA, LMFTA
Contact Information: (707) 340-9466
Languages Spoken: Amharic, Tigrigna, English
In my therapeutic relationship with you, I will provide a caring and safe place where you will be encouraged to openly talk about the things of your concern. I believe that each individual has a story that needs to be told and listened to. Because I believe that you are the expert to your story, the shape of the therapeutic process will be determined by the goals that you have set for yourself. My role would be to work alongside with you to help you explore your thoughts and feelings, in order to develop insight that is crucial in the process of healing and change. I would also help you in developing effective patterns of behavior, and resolving undesirable emotions and interpersonal conflicts.
I tailor my counseling approach in ways that fit my clients’ needs. Some of the approaches I use include Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Trauma Focused CBT, Person-centered and Faith-Based approaches, Object Relations, Family of Origin and Systems theories.
My goal in therapy is to bring forth hope and renewed vision in my clients’ lives, as well as to equip them with coping skills that would help them in their journey towards change and transformation.
- Grief / Loss
- Family of origin issues
- Domestic violence related issues
- Parent-child and family conflicts
- Multi-cultural counseling
Training and Experience
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist Associate (LMFTA)
- Master of Arts Degree in Psychology, Antioch University, 2013
- Bachelor of Arts Degree in Sociology, University of Washington, 1992
- Certificate, Dynamics of Domestic Violence: Working with Perpetrators, 2013
- Certificate, Facilitator for Strengthening Families Parenting Program (SFP), 2013
- More than seventeen years of work experience supporting families
- Experienced in working with women who are survivors of domestic violence
AAMFT (American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy)
I enjoy spending time with my children and extended family. I enjoy Christian fellowship and participating in different church related activities. I love traveling, watching good movies, and admiring nature.
Community Health Plan, Premera/LifeWise, and DSHS (Social worker referred only)