Appointments available in Northgate:
10550 Lake City Way NE
Seattle, WA 98125
To make an appointment call: 425-408-3270
Therapeutic Approach: My understanding of relational healing in the counseling context has been informed by my professional experience, my education, my own experiences of brokenness, my faith as a Christian, as well as my own journey as a foster/adoptive parent. My approach is centered on the understanding that what is broken in relationship is healed in relationship. I respect and deeply value the personal beliefs of each of my clients and am committed to addressing each person’s journey of emotional/mental healing and spiritual growth without judgment. My theoretical orientation is an integrative approach that includes solution-focused trauma therapy that builds interpersonal attunement and connectedness.
M.A., Counseling Psychology, The Seattle School of Theology & Psychology, 2013
B.A., Philosophy and minor in Religion, Central Washington University, 2002
- Trauma and Filial Play Therapy (PATCH model, see www.nwtraumcounseling.org)
- Family-systems therapy and Art therapy under qualified supervision
- Early adolescents and family therapy at Center for Human Services, 2012-13
- Support groups, trauma/adoption, Identity and self-esteem, spiritual mentoring
- College ministry, mentoring women, small groups, at University of Oregon 2003-05
- Teen mom mentor
- Licensed Foster parent
- Specialized training/coursework: Group Therapy, Marriage and Family Therapy, Counseling Children and Adolescents, Advocacy for Victims of Domestic Violence.
Personal Interests: I love being in the outdoors, walking and hiking along trails with my pug, Sampson, my husband and my two sons. I enjoy reading and writing and discovering cozy coffee shops around the Seattle area. I am a life-long learner and I love getting to know new people and seeing the world in a new way.
Insurances Accepted: Adoption Support, DSHS (social worker referral), Cigna (out of network), Aetna (out of network), Premera Blue Cross, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Sliding fee scale for out of pocket payers.