BOOKKEEPER (Part Time/Contract)
Northwest Family Life Learning and Counseling Center is a non-profit organization with a mission to ‘assist individuals and families when facing the pain of domestic violence, trauma and related issues.’
Working under the supervision of the Operating Director, the bookkeeper is responsible to maintain the financial records for Northwest Family Life and Penny’s Place. This position is part time (20-30 hours a week) at either our office at 12360 Lake City Way NE, Suite 420, Seattle WA 98125 or online, at your office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITES include the following:
- Conducts all duties associated with weekly accounts payable.
- Conducts all duties associated with accounts receivable and donations.
- Conducts all duties associated with monthly payroll.
- Performs monthly bank reconciliations.
- Performs credit card reconciliations.
- Prepares quarterly taxes.
- Prepares annual donation receipts.
- Assists in 1099 preparation.
- Performs special projects and duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- A keen attention to detail and a commitment to high quality work.
- Excellent organizational and follow-through skills, ability to multi-task prioritize and work under deadlines.
- Solid communication (both verbal and written) skills.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and communicate in a professional manner with staff, funders, affiliates and vendors.
- Ability to deal effectively with a variety of people and work in a team environment, yet alone.
- Knowledge of medical billing a plus.
- Interest in community/domestic violence and trauma care a plus.
This position is flexible in terms of the working location.
$12-$18 Depending on experience (DOE). Willing to train.
Please send your resume to Nancy Murphy, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org