There are 3 ways to get involved
1. Financial Partnership
Northwest Family Life is a non-profit organization 501(c) 3. This means that we exist only because of the donations and gifts that come in the shared mission to end domestic violence and help those who know its pain. The changes in the lives of others are made possible by the generosity of those individuals that give, and they are most grateful for your financial support. If you would like to make a financial contribution to NWFL, you can now donate online.
- You can also donate by sending your gift to: 11320 Roosevelt Way NE, Seattle, WA 98125.
- We are also in continual need of items for our staff and clients. Such items include therapeutic tools, child therapy toys, clothing and other tangible items for victims and children. If you’re able to help us meet these needs, please contact us.
- All donations are tax deductible
The gift of your time is every bit as valuable as the gift of your resources to Northwest Family Life. Volunteers help us to provide presentations to the community and to maintain our offices while directing the maximum of funds to services and programs. When we work together we offer comfort to those who are hurting, provide a safe and welcoming space for clients, and support the ongoing efforts to raise funds and awareness to end domestic violence. Please read the descriptions of open volunteer positions below or contact us to share how you would like to be involved.
- Child Care: We are in need of child care volunteers during our parenting and domestic violence support groups. Volunteers must be at least 16 years of age.
- Event Planning: Northwest Family has a few events we do annually. We are on the look out for creative and detail oriented individuals who love bringing people together around a cause. If you enjoy event planning and people, we would love to meet with you. Please contact us.
- Website support: Our website is in constant need of being updated. If you have and knack for design and web development, we would love to hear from you.
- Penny’s Place: There are lots of projects do be done at Penny’s Place. If you would like to support the women and children, or help out in the yard please let us know.
3. Education and Training
Your voice is our asset. You can help stop DV in your community by being informed and informing others. If you would like to learn more about DV, please see our resources and trainings pages.
We have trainers who are willing to come to your place of worship, community center or school to educate about Domestic Violence. If you are interested in hosting an event please email firstname.lastname@example.org.